Waltham Forest Family History Society
Waltham Forest Family History Society was founded in 1978 to bring together and to encourage people with an interest in family history and genealogy. We are a small but friendly society that caters for all those with South West Essex ancestry who might live at a distance, and for those who live locally but whose ancestors came from elsewhere.
The Society has
- regular talks on family and local history
- workshops to discuss particular topics
- visits to archives and museums
- twice-yearly journal Roots in the Forest
- collection of magazines and local records
- projects to transcribe MIs and local records
Our February meeting, on 9th February, Janet Seward of East of London FHS will be speaking on the subject of "The history of the English seaside".
In JanuaryMarch we have a social evening which will include a family and local history related quiz workshop on using newspapers in family history.
If you'd like more information, please contact us
You can now search our records on-line at records.wffhs.org.uk