Waltham Forest Family History Society
Waltham Forest Family History Society was founded in 1978 to bring together and to encourage people with an interest in family history and genealogy. We are a small but friendly society that caters for all those with South West Essex ancestry who might live at a distance, and for those who live locally but whose ancestors came from elsewhere.
The Society has
- regular talks on family and local history
- workshops to discuss particular topics
- visits to archives and museums
- twice-yearly journal Roots in the Forest
- collection of magazines and local records
- projects to transcribe MIs and local records
Our June meeting, on 14th June, will consist of a talk on "The Boys of Blackhorse Road" by Malcolm Doolin
Malcolm has recently launched a book on 52 boys and three teachers who went to fight in the Great War. It tells the story of each person named on the memorial Blackhorse Road Elementary School, succeeded by Willowfield Humanities College.
Meetings start at 8pm. If you'd like more information, please contact us
You can now search our records on-line at records.wffhs.org.uk