Waltham Forest Family History Society
Waltham Forest Family History Society was founded in 1978 to bring together and to encourage people with an interest in family history and genealogy. We are a small but friendly society that caters for all those with South West Essex ancestry who might live at a distance, and for those who live locally but whose ancestors came from elsewhere.
The Society has
- regular talks on family and local history
- workshops to discuss particular topics
- visits to archives and museums
- twice-yearly journal Roots in the Forest
- collection of magazines and local records
- ongoing projects to transcribe MIs and local records
The April meeting will be a talk: Who is buried in the churchyard of Leyton St Mary? by Kathleen Partington and Barbara Durack. The Leyton & Leytonstone Historical Society has catalogued the memorials in the churchyard of Leyton St. Mary's and done some research into some of the people buried there. They will talk about some of the work they have done.
If you'd like more information, please contact us
You can now search or records on-line at records.wffhs.org.uk