Waltham Forest Family History Society
Waltham Forest Family History Society was founded in 1978 to bring together and to encourage people with an interest in family history and genealogy. We are a small but friendly society that caters for all those with South West Essex ancestry who might live at a distance, and for those who live locally but whose ancestors came from elsewhere.
The Society has
- regular talks on family and local history
- workshops to discuss particular topics
- visits to archives and museums
- twice-yearly journal Roots in the Forest
- collection of magazines and local records
- projects to transcribe MIs and local records
Our May meeting, on 10th May, will be a workshop on reading old handwriting. If you've tried reading old parish registers or wills, you'll know how challenging it can be.
Our June meeting, on 14th June, will consist of a talk on "The Boys of Blackhorse Road" by Malcolm Doolin
Meetings start at 8pm. If you'd like more information, please contact us
You can now search our records on-line at records.wffhs.org.uk